Adjusting the rear brakes on the electric scooter Xiaomi M365
So you just got yourself a new Xiaomi M365. First of all, congratulations, the M365 is one of the best electric scooters out there.
Now we get to the topic of this guide: How to set the brakes of the scooter? No panic, we are here to help you.
We will discuss how to adjust the rear brakes for your electric scooter optimally, but first you need to make sure that this is what you are looking for.
If you press the brake´s handle and notice that your scooter has a delay in responding or you feel that the brakes are too soft or too hard, then this is the guide for you.
Now that we erased any doubt let´s start with an overview of the procedure:
Mounted on the M365 we find a pretty powerful brake disc, the core concept is that this brake is actuated by a tension pulley, which is connected to the handle by the brake cable. The tension of this cable determinates if the brake will result “hard” or “soft”, so here is where we are going to operate in order to adjust the brake.
Things you will need for this project:
- Your Xiaomi M365
- An M5 hex wrench (8mm wrench)
- 3 allen screwdrivers (5mm, 4mm and 2 mm)
- A pair of working gloves for your safety (remember that the brake cable can potentially scratch your skin due to its tension)
- 10 minutes time to work on the project
How to proceed:
- Wear your gloves and get your M5 hex wrench
- Get to the rear wheel of your scooter and start to scroll counterclockwise the screws of the brake disc tensioner pulley.
- When your tensioner pulley is properly loose it is time to calibrate the tension of the brake cable.
- Start shortening slightly the tail brake cable, since the scooter comes a bit tight.
- After that get again your M5 hex wrench and tighten the tensioner pulley.
- Now check the brake.
- If you see that the brake is very loose, unscrew again the tensioner pulley and pull the cable so that you get more tail at the end, then tight up the tensioner again.
- If it is too tight, unscrew the tensioner pulley and release a bit of cable to end up with less tail cable.
- Take a bit of time to perfectly adjust the brake and you are ready to go.
- When you find the perfect setting get your Xiaomi M365 and start rolling.
For a more visual perspective, take a look at this video by Hrisson:
If your brakes don´t work correctly, you might need to check for replacement part for Xiaomi Mija M365 and for Xiaomi Mija M365 Brake Pads Replacement tutorials.